Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Adoption day!!!

Today was David's adoption finalization. It was definitely cool and fun, even more so since we know what to expect having done it three times now. That didn't take away from the excitement or joy.

We are so glad to have David in our lives. As I mentioned in my previous post, David in a lot of ways may not live up to the world's standards or expectations; but then again he may surprise all of us and bring glory to God who brought him into our lives.

Just in the last two weeks David has started preschool and started to crawl. He also is bearing weight on his legs and can stand if someone helps him balance (which is where he started with sitting and crawling).

I believe strongly that God sees us in the same way. He doesn't see us in comparison to the world's standards, but to his own, and it is all through his love. He helps us to balance while we work through each step in our growth and rejoices for us (even more than we do ourselves) when we reach new heights.

No comments:

About Me

I refer to myself this way because I am a parent who has adopted children AND I am an adopted child of God. Maybe not the most clever, but it works for now.